Jackie Duke Insights (JDI) is proud to be a full member of AMSRO.
AMSRO members represent all research methods including qualitative and qualitative from telephone to face-to-face and online.
What is the role of AMSRO?
- The Australian Market and Social Research Organisation (AMSRO) is the peak body for the market and social research industry. AMSRO works in partnership with its market research company members, plus privacy authorities, business, government and the community to protect and promote the industry.
- AMSRO administers an Award-winning* privacy code – that enjoys a 13 year record without breach (* Australian Privacy Awards 2009)
- AMSRO has the power to investigate and take action against any breaches of Privacy Code.
Why is having the Trustmark important?
Business and government departments are increasingly using data to make critical decisions. This appetite for data, combined with consumers increasingly carrying out their lives online, means research that is unethically sourced or breaches privacy is available to buy.
The Trustmark guarantees business and government decision makers that they are buying research that is quality-assured and meets not only ethical standards, but also the new Privacy Code.
It provides the reassurance that you are using a legitimate, professional research company that is audited by AMSRO to ensure compliance. The Trustmark protects client reputation and integrity.
It also reduces risk for all parties and provides confidence and certainty.
What benefits does the Trustmark provide to AMSRO members?
It’s a fast and easily recognisable way for AMSRO members to assure their clients that they uphold the highest ethical standards to deliver professional quality research data.
It provides confirmation that customer details are not used for direct marketing and guarantees clients that their data is protected.
It aligns their business with market and social research companies that commit to best practice
How do AMSRO members qualify for the Trustmark?
Stringent, mandatory criteria needs to be met to be granted use of the
- Privacy: Adherence to the Market & Social Research Privacy Code
- Quality assurance: Companies must have the International Standard for Market, Opinion and Social Research qualifications (ISO 20252)
- Ethics: Adherence to the AMSRS Code of Professional Behaviour
What do the Privacy Principles mean for Australian research companies?
Our Market and Social Research Privacy Code has been developed to provide market and social research organisations certainty under the new Privacy Amendment Act, which launched on March 12 2014.
The Code works to ensure AMSRO members follow the highest privacy and ethical standards.